Scope of this Policy
Agreement to Terms
Effective Date and Changes to this Policy
We will provide you with the information about the change in question and the purpose and any other relevant information before we use your information for that new purpose.
Wherever required, we will obtain your prior consent before using your information for a purpose that is different from the purposes for which we originally collected it.
The Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information directly from you, as you visit our website, reach out to us, create an account with us, or place an order with us:
Personal details: Such as your name, email address, telephone number, shipping address, company name (if applicable).
Account information: Such as your order history, wishlist, birthday, preferences, beauty profile (including hair, eye, and skin color, skin type etc.), and any other information you provide to us when you complete the registration form, in addition to personal details.
Log information: Such as your IP address, geolocation, webpages accessed, information requested along with the date and time of the request, the source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website), browser version, operating system.
Marketing information: Such as your marketing preferences, the level of engagement our emails receive, such as the delivery rates, open rates and click through rates which our emails achieve.
Billing information: Such as credit, debit, or other payment card information, billing name, billing address.
Communications you send us: Such as survey responses, correspondence, any other information you provide to us.
Visual information: Such as photographs and videos from social media platforms and/or submitted directly.
We collect what is commonly referred to as “sensitive personal information”, is collected only with your explicit and freely given consent, and is securely stored on our web servers for use in personalizing our correspondence with you via email or on site. Any information stored can be viewed on your account page. This information can be deleted using the same mechanism that it is provided to us in your account page or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not submit other sensitive personal information about you to us.
We may also receive certain categories of personal information from third parties, such as partner companies involved in any joint promotions. Information we obtain from third parties will generally be your name and contact details.
What are the consequences of not providing personal information?
A cookie is a small string of information that a website that you visit transfers to your browser for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity while using a website or across websites, and that information helps companies understand your preferences and tendencies, as well as improve and personalize your website experience. Some cookies are necessary to operate a website, while others can be functional, analytical, or used for targeted advertising (as discussed in more detail below). Cookies are data files which are sent from a website to a browser to record information about users for various purposes.
You can reject some or all of the cookies we use on or via our website by changing your browser settings or non-essential cookies by using our cookie control tool, but doing so can impair your ability to use our website or some or all of its features.
Similar to cookies, we may automatically collect certain information about the device you use to access the Site. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as IP addresses, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Site, and other information about your mobile phone or other device(s). In addition to analytical purposes, this information helps us diagnose problems with our server, administer the Site, and display the content according to your preferences.
Do Not Track
MeShopi respects your privacy, but we do not alter the information we collect or change the Site.
Scope of this Policy
How We Use Your Personal Information:
- Respond to inquiries and messages we receive and keep records of correspondence
- Manage your accounts and generally facilitate the running and operation of our business.
- Make our website more intuitive and easier to use and conduct research regarding opinion of customer services
- Protect the security and effective functioning of our website and information technology systems. This includes analyzing log files to help identify and prevent unauthorized access to our network, the distribution of malicious code, denial of services attacks and other cyber attacks, by detecting unusual or suspicious activity.
- Provide relevant marketing
- Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights
– Necessary for legitimate interests
– Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
– Necessary to perform a contract or to take steps at your request to enter into a contract
– Consent (where you have provided consent as appropriate under applicable law)
- Personal details, Account information, Log information, Marketing information, Billing information.
- Personal details, Account information, Log information, Billing information, Communications you send us.
- Personal details, Account information, Log information, Marketing information, Billing information, Communications you send us, Visual information.
- Personal details, Account information, Log information, Marketing information, Communications you send us, Visual information.
- Personal details, Account information, Billing information, Log information.
- Personal details, Account information, Log information, Marketing information, Visual information.
- Personal details, Account information, Log information, Marketing information, Billing information, Communications you send us.
Scope of this Policy
We may share personal information, for the purposes outlined above, with the following categories of recipients:
- Service providers: We share personal information with service providers, acting as data processors, to enable such parties to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above (e.g., information technology services, information storage, payment processing, fraud detection, marketing management and communications, customer service functions, statistical analysis).
We require such parties by contract to provide reasonable security for personal information and to use and process such personal information only on our behalf, and in compliance with applicable law. A limited number of service providers will act as data controllers (e.g., fraud detection, statistical analysis) and will be contractually obligated to comply with applicable data protection laws, rules, and regulations.
- Auditors, advisors, and financial institutions: We share personal information with auditors for the performance of audit functions, and with advisors for the provision of legal and other advice, and with financial institutions in connection with payment and other transactions.
- Site visitors, such as when your profile name is chosen for display as part of the social media news feed on the Site.
- Business reorganization: We may share personal information with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as an asset of Company.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal rights:
We may share personal information in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or other governmental request. We also share personal information to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims or prevent fraud.
Your Privacy Choices
At checkout and upon first arriving to the site you will have the option to receive marketing communications from us, by ticking a box indicating that you would like to receive such communications during checkout or at any time while browsing the site by entering your email address into our newsletter sign-up form. You may sign-up for our e-newsletter on our website or opt-in to receive news, offers, or updates on out-of-stock items.
You have control regarding our use of your personal information for direct marketing. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time.
Please contact us as detailed below.
How We Store and Safeguard Your Information
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access, or other causes beyond our control.
You also have an important role in protecting your personal information. You should not share your username and password with anyone, and you should not re-use passwords across more than one website. If you have any reason to believe that your username or password has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
Third Party Links and Third Party Advertising
Third Party Links
Third Party Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use our website and other websites or online services. You may receive advertisements based on information relating to your access to and use of our website and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties. These companies place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.